I am writing on behalf of the children at Carriers of Hope. There are only two months till the end of the summer term so we need to ramp up our efforts in relation to providing school uniforms for the children at Carriers of Hope. We give things out in the last couple of weeks before the summer holidays. As in previous years there are various ways that you can help us to send our children off to school proudly in September. We firmly believe that this makes such a difference to the way they view education - and, ultimately, their achievement. We have 468 families on our membership list now, so our children come in all sizes and all ages. Therefore, we need items for 3 year olds starting school for the first time, to 17 year olds starting their final school year.
If you are able to help us these are the various ways:
1. We like to give families a supermarket voucher so they can choose items for themselves, so we give out £20 Asda vouchers to enable them to buy uniforms there, where items are good value for money.
2. We give school starters £10 in cash towards a top with a school logo.
3. You may have access to uniform items that your own children have outgrown, or via the lost property box.
4. School shoes - have you appropriate shoes that you could pass on to us?
5. School coats, please.
5. Knitters: V neck jumpers are very acceptable. They look really nice over a shirt and are suitable for boys and girls. Colours: red, navy, black, purple, royal blue, bottle green.
If you wish to make a donation of money cheques should be made payable to Carriers of Hope. For electronic payments our bank details are as follows:
Anything else can be delivered to our Tuesday morning sessions at Hillfields Evangelical Baptist Church; or delivered at other times to my address below:
Thank you again for all your help.
Sue Sampson and all the children at Carriers of Hope, Coventry
Carriers of Hope
c/o 55 Garth Crescent
024 7645 6356